The AirTN Call 01/2012 opens on May 24th, 2012. Deadline for submission will be September 24th 12:00 CET, 2012 (For Ireland, September 5th 12:00 GMT).
1. Participating Countries
Participating countries in the call are:
Organisations from other countries are welcomed to participate in transnational projects but won’t be funded within the national programmes of Austria, Ireland, Spain and Sweden.
2. Target and Topics of AirTN Call 01/2012
Target of the AirTN Call 01/2012 is to support innovation and competitive research by funding projects with challenging application aspects and a substantial commercial impact in aeronautics. Austria, Ireland, Spain, and Sweden wish to take the opportunity of the parallel timing of their national calls to stimulate transnational projects and give e.g. small transnational research teams the chance to tackle common challenges together, trying to keep the administrative burden as low as possible.
Following topics are being announced within this call:
- Flight physics
- Aircraft Avionics, Systems & Equipment
- Flight Mechanics – Stability and Control
- Flight Mechanics – Performance
- Integrated Design & Validation (methods & tools)
- Maintenance and Overhaul
- Air Traffic Management
- Human Factors
- Innovative Concepts & Scenarios
3. Application Procedure
The submission process of the AirTN Call is single-phased. A common proposal has to be submitted electronically to the AirTN call office Email call-May2012@airtn.eu. Common proposals have to follow the form provided by AirTN (see chapter 7 Call Documents). Submission deadline is 24.09.2012, 12:00 CET (for Ireland 05.09.2012, 12.00 GMT) The proposal has to be written in English. By receipt of a common proposal by the AirTN Call Office you will get a confirmation Email.
In addition, a further proposal is required by national agencies/ministries (see national format templates for application) and has to be submitted to the respective national agencies/ministries according to their rules within the same time limit.
4. Eligibility and Evaluation
The proposal eligibility check will be carried out by AirTN through the AirTN members’ agencies/ministries and will address formal compliance with the (1) AirTN criteria that are applied in all member countries, and the (2) national requirements that are applied exclusively to the applicants from these countries.
The evaluation of projects is conducted by each of the national agencies/ministries of the project partners according to national regulations and evaluation systems. Projects that are evaluated positively in the involved countries will be recommended for funding by the AirTN consortium.
5. Forms, Guidelines and further information
For application in the AirTN Call 01/2012 following documents are being applicable:
- Guidelines for applicants AirTN Call 2012
- Common proposal form AirTN Call 2012
- Checklist for applicants
Each country participating in AirTN Call 01/2012 has additional national requirements concerning call regulations and format templates. Therefore it is strongly recommended to contact the respective national contact persons before submission for further information.
- Swedish national guidelines and forms are downloadable below and contact AirTN Swedish representative:
- For Austrian national guidelines and forms go to www.ffg.at/takeoff and contact AirTN Austrian representative
- For Irish national guidelines go to www.enterprise-ireland.com/en/Funding-Supports/Researcher/Funding-to-Commercialise-Research/Commercialisation-Fund.html, and contact AirTN Irish representative
- For Spanish national guidelines and forms go to www.cdti.es/index.asp?MP=7&MS=17&MN=2&TR=C&IDR=593 and contact AirTN Spanish representative
6. Partner Search Facility
If you have a project idea or research topic, where you’re searching for partners, then fill out the AirTN Profile Form and send it to call-May2012@airtn.eu. The national agencies involved in the call will try to help you in finding suitable partners as soon as possible. Parts of the profile form will also be published here to ensure a best possible support for your partner search.
7. Contact persons of participating countries
FFG: Vera Ellegast, email@example.com; Tel.: +43 5 7755 5062
Enterprise Ireland: Paul Butler, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: + 353 61 777049
CDTI: Juan Francisco Reyes, email@example.com; Tel.: +34 91 581 0707
VINNOVA: Vilgot Claesson, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel.: +46 8 473 3056
AirTN Call Office for submission of common proposal form