The AirTN Nextgen is the last project in a series of projects on transnational cooperation in Europe.
In 2006 the AirTN project started, funded by the ERA-NET instrument within the EU Framework Programme FP6. The main outcomes were:
- The creation of an Air Transport Network of member states to address research and technology developments in aeronautics and air transport management;
- The creation of the basis for transnational calls
In 2009 the AirTN FP7 project started as a follow-up to AirTN, funded by ERA-NET instrument in the EU Framework Programme FP7. The main outcomes were:
- The enhancement of the synergies between member states throughout Europe for the air transport system
- The increase in the efficiency of the funding of the coordination of national research programmes
- The joint activity to form an integrated network
- The launch of transnational Calls
In December 2013 the AirTN-Nextgen project started as a follow-up to AirTN-FP7 project, funded by the CSA-SA Instrument in the EU Framework Programme FP7. The objectives are:
- To enhance coordination and to stimulate cooperation in research and innovation among EU Member States and Associated States to the EU Framework Programme.
- To check the feasibility of an ERANET Cofund proposal